If you hadn’t guessed by our name, the good people of Nutty Goodness really love nuts. And we think you should too. We have laid out some substantial reasons for cashews and walnuts, but today is the almond’s time to shine. Eat them raw, roasted, in nut butter or milk form – these little guys are amazingly versatile. Check out some of the health benefits of almonds and a few of our favorite almond recipes to go with it.
The Health Perks:
- High in fiber, protein, and the healthiest fats to keep you fuller longer and can even help those on a weight loss plan.
- Loaded with antioxidants which can help fight negative side effects of aging and disease.
- Aid in regulating cholesterol by lowering LDL cholesterol levels and pumping up HDL cholesterol levels.
- With the help of riboflavin and L-carnitine, two nutrients proven to increase brain activity, almonds are great for your noggin.
- Great for lubricating dry skin or hair in the form of almond oil, which is found more and more in natural beauty care lines.
- Reduce the risk for heart disease by increasing blood lipid levels while the protein, fats, and fiber found in almond specifically have shown to reduce the risk of coronary heart disease.
- All that fiber also helps reduce the risk of colon cancer by producing healthy digestion and bowel movements.
- Raw Almond Butter Cups – Just in time for the holidays, these guys make a great & healthy treat to satisfy that sweet craving.
- Rosemary Almond Crackers – Paired with a cashew cheese, these crackers are great snack at work or even to bring to a party.
- Almond Butter, Maca, Cacao Overnight Oats – Perfect for busy mornings and so simple, this breakfast can be prepared the night before!
- Raw Green Pea & Almond Dip – Speaking of simple, the only appliance needed for this deliciously savory almond dip is a blender.
- Vegan Pumpkin Pie Protein Balls – These little power houses use almond flour and milk for the perfect vegan protein snack.
Hungry for more? You can find almond in Snappy Ginger – a zingy snack to satiate your snack-hungry palate!